Monday, March 9, 2009

Ward Conference Directive from our Stake President.

Hello sisters-
For those of you who missed Ward Conference, which was March 1st. You missed some very inspiring talks/lessons. So I thought I would post briefly what President Ostler asked of our ward/stake. (Sorry for the paraphrasing, just wanted to make sure you get the bare bones of his talk)
He has challenged us to 3 specific "to-do's".
1. Read the Scriptures: He asked us to read our scriptures EVERY SINGLE DAY of our lives, he didn't put a time limit or a certain amount of pages, he just asked us to make it a priority to open up the scriptures and read something each and every day.

2. Pray: He asked that we pray each and every day, morning and night, and asked that we think and concentrate on what is being said and to be inspired to see the answers He may be giving us and to have an open heart.

3. Serve: He asked that each day when we pray, that we will ask Heavenly Father to help us know who needs us, who we can best serve for Him. And look and act on those promptings.

I know for myself, as I follow the counsel of leaders, and seek to find my own testimony of what is being taught by putting these things first priority in my life, I begin to see mini-miracles play out before me, and my testimony of a loving Father in Heaven who is directing my path grows stronger each day. Please let us know your comments/experiences as you take on this challenge.
Sure do love ya,
Sister Heather Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment